Whole Body Cryotherapy
Whole Body Cryotherapy is the use of extremely low temperatures, inciting vasoconstriction and leading to a vast array of physical and mental benefits. 111CRYO/HEAT stands as the longest established and 1st in the UK to pioneer gas-free cryotherapy, the safest modern way to deliver this highly effective treatment.
• Metabolic Boost: Cryotherapy can potentially increase calorific burn up to 800 calories over the following 24hours.
• Anti-Inflammatory: Clinical studies have shown WBC can benefit a wide range of medical conditions including rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia, tendonitis, muscle and ligament strains, back and neck pain, as well as possible relief from inflammation of the skin such as eczema and psoriasis.
• Anti-Aging: Collagen and Elastin levels can increase in response to elevated oxygen uptake and are more expediently distributed around the body with improved circulation, helping to reduce signs of aging.
• Weight-loss Assisting: White fat cells converted to brown fat cells can be broken down and metabolised faster, helping weight loss when cryotherapy is combined with exercise and a healthy diet.
• Aesthetic Boost: Cryotherapy increases epidermal firmness, helping improve the tone of skin. Increased circulation of nutrient rich oxygenated blood helps improves complexion and reduces water retention.
• Energy Elevator: Increased oxygen uptake and an adrenaline + endorphin rush help to reduce fatigue and assist strength and stamina levels during post-session exercise or activity.
• Immunity Support: Regular sessions of cryotherapy can help boost the immune system by increasing the circulation of oxygenated blood around the body.
• Recovery Aid: Muscular pain or DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness) can be greatly reduced by cryotherapy sessions, leading to fast recovery times post-injury or post-exercise.
• Mood Enhancement: Stimulating hormone release, including endorphins, mood can be elevated, stress relieved and brain fog cleared. Some reports show it may even help with depression and anxiety.
• Sleep Quality: Many users find improved sleep following cryotherapy as serotonin and melatonin hormone balance can be improved.
Price Per Session
3 Sessions Intro Pack (New Clients Only)
Unlimited 3 Months – Cryo Reset
Membership (Rolling – 2 Month Minimum)
Price Per Session
Cryo Adaption 1 Session per week
Cryo Essential 2 Sessions per week
Cryo Optimal 7 Sessions per week
Our chamber is cooled to around -85°C, the most desirable temperature range for comfort and results.
Thermic shock is designed to be, well, shocking! The chamber is cooled prior to your entry for instant expedient results.
Time spent in the chamber is 3 minutes. This is occasionally extended in order to give the most optimal result for individuals, based on skin temperature readings immediately following each session. The overall session time is 15minutes including changing time.
The user enters the Cryo chamber wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): a headband covering the ears, gloves, face mask covering mouth and nose, socks, slippers, shorts and top (sports bra for women, optional for vest for men) all provided by 111CRYO/HEAT for use during the session.
During the treatment the skin temperature drops significantly sending signals to the brain whilst core body temperature does not change. When exiting the chamber, increased circulation re-warms the skin fairly rapidly and users do not remain cold.
Whilst in the chamber a 111CRYO/HEAT technician remains in the room throughout and upon the user exiting the chamber records users skin temperature. Then simply return to the changing room and get dressed straight away.
You do not need to bring anything for your session unless you would feel more comfortable in your own shorts and/or sports bra (provided there is no exposed metal).
Please note we are unable to admit you if you suffer with or have a history of:
- Chest pains or palpitations
- Unexplained breathlessness
- Blackout, faints or convulsions
- Seizures, epilepsy or fits
- Anaemia in the last 6 months
- Any circulatory problems / disease
- Blood clots in your legs / lungs
- Allergy or severe reaction to cold
- Botox / Fillers in the last 2 weeks
- Recent trauma to the skin (Tattoos / Sunburn or Laser/Radiofrequency treatments)
- Active Cancer / Chemotherapy
- Any current infection, local or systemic
- Acne medication such as Roaccutane
It is not possible to use cryotherapy when Pregnant or Breastfeeding.
Please note this list is not exhaustive, and when attending a session/booking online you will be required to fill in a medical questionnaire, if you answer 'no' to any questions please discuss with us to determine if you are able to go ahead with a session.